Due to my mother's death in 1992 and my father's death in 2002, I have long felt that I should write a letter, not merely a card, to someone who has lost a loved one through death. Taking the time to do this is something I put off though, as it takes so much time and thought. But I found encouragement from the following blogs, which I am directing you to:
Today at the Letter Writers Alliance I found a lovely link to Cole Imperi's blog Simplicity Embelished:
Donovan (LWA) wrote:
"Most recently, I found a great wealth of points on what not to say in sympathy writing over at the European Paper Company blog. This article, written by Cole Imperi, really analysed some of the typical items mentioned in sympathy notes and had insights that I hadn't considered."
As you probably feel, I would rather get a personal note saying the sender is thinking of me than nothing at all. Cole even writes a post about "Why I write letters".
Send someone a postcard, note, card or letter!
Today at the Letter Writers Alliance I found a lovely link to Cole Imperi's blog Simplicity Embelished:
Donovan (LWA) wrote:
"Most recently, I found a great wealth of points on what not to say in sympathy writing over at the European Paper Company blog. This article, written by Cole Imperi, really analysed some of the typical items mentioned in sympathy notes and had insights that I hadn't considered."
As you probably feel, I would rather get a personal note saying the sender is thinking of me than nothing at all. Cole even writes a post about "Why I write letters".
Send someone a postcard, note, card or letter!

No comments:
Post a Comment