Today's RevGalBlogPals Friday Five is about favorite words, liked for any reason.1. mazagine: I guess being a new grandmother (of six month old Avery) brings to mind words that my children liked to say. This is what Avery's dad would call a "magazine" when he was little. I like the way that sounds!
2. bubbler: Remembering DC when he was little also brought to mind the funny name (to us from the south and NW) for water fountains in Rhode Island. BJ was in first grade and liked to drink from the "bubbler."
3. YOU: "You" has always been my centering word, especially when I practiced Centering Prayer. Just breathing it brings me to that quiet, expansive Presence. "You" is also a reminder of the Christ within each person, which I long to realize and always see.
4. books: I love to read and to learn, especially through (old-fashioned) books. I like all kinds of books, but my favorites are mysteries, theology, and cookbooks! I was surprised to see that I have 215 posts under the label of "books" on this blog. But I also have a separate link to MYSTERIES, which could provide nudges for summer reading.
5. connections: Friends, family, love, compassion, peace, wisdom (and one and on)--Words connect me to God, the Energy/Love intertwining us into One, ultimately into Silence.
7 comments:
I'll have to check out your mystery section.
Silence is such a powerful language.
Mazagine--hee hee! A girl I used to babysit called her friend Jacquelyn "gawkannee." It still makes me smile. Kids do that with their words and observations!
Ah, books, and the worlds to which they take us. Wonderful play, Jan, this was great fun!
I really like your centering word a LOT
Books! I also really like the word bubbler for water fountain. Excellent.
Thought inducing play! from magazine to bubbler to 'you'--I had never thought of 'you' as a centering prayer. Cool.
I am definitely going to look at your book links. I went to the library yesterday and found nothing that interested me. Thanks, Jan!
I've loved reading for as long as I can remember, so I second you on the books and will have to check out your links now.
Post a Comment