Diagnosis: Rheumatoid ArthritisDr. S. called minutes ago to tell me that my numbers are extremely high in the Rheumatoid Panel (blood sample) taken yesterday afternoon. He is referring me to a rheumatologist, which is also why he had that blood sample taken yesterday.
Prayers were answered with the diagnosis and referral. Thank you. Now I hope I won't have to wait too long to see the specialist.
8 comments:
Well I'm glad you were able to get a diagnosis. I find that when I'm in pain I might not like what I'm told (hip replacement!) but I like that there's a treatment. Here's hoping that whatever they do for RA will work splendidly for you!
My prayers for you continue. Yes, a diagnosis helps, finding the treatment that enables the pain to be manageable or negligable is better. So, my prayers continue.
Continued prayers for you, Jan. Ken's arthritis is psoriatic, and he is still suffering with regular pain, and not getting sufficient attention from his rheumatologist. I'm glad you've got a referral and hope that things will be looking up soon!
I am glad you now know.its hard when you dont have a name. Im hoping you can now make forward progress in tratment.
More prayers.
I continue to pray for you and think about you. This is a difficult diagnosis and I'm hoping (along with lots of others, I feel sure) that you will find a treatment to which you will respond beautifully.
Dear Jan,
I am feeling for you right now.
Having the diagnosis at least makes the beast nameable.Not sure if you know that I have Rheumatoid arthritis too. I have has it 16 years now, It is really important that you have treatment in the first 6 months - as that was when the most active and rapid damage was done to my hands and feet. Everyone is different but the treatments now are better than when I was diagnosed. Hang in there- if you would like to e.mail me please do.
philomena.ewing@virgin.net
Blessings and prayers
Glad with you for the diagnosis. It sucks, but it's good to know what the suck is made of. I know several people with RA including my sister. You are in my prayers for an effective treatment to be found soon.
Post a Comment