Washington State has been in the sunshine for two days and now is back in the clouds, which is more normal for November. Today it is gray and drizzly and is about 50 degrees F.When CB and I flew here on Wednesday, we were shocked to clearly see all the mountains from our plane. The woman sitting next to me said she had traveled to Seattle on business trips for the last 12 years, and this was the first time she had ever seen Mount Rainier while in the air! When we arrived in Seattle, it was a record 74 degrees F., which was warmer than the weather we had left in TX. It was beautiful; I went around taking pictures of brilliantly colored Japanese maple trees.
We flew here for my father-in-law's 85th birthday. The party was last night in Bellingham, and it was full of laughter, fun and love. All four children and their spouses were there. It was one of the nicest times we have had together. There were three birthday cakes--for beloved dad, son-in-law, and daughter-in-law (me), so there was a lot of blowing on many candles. Oddly, I had the most candles; my sister-in-law Chris said that candelight was much kinder to older faces.
Now in Seattle, we are visiting friends and daughters AE and KA. I loved meeting AE today near the University of Washington Quad. She looked lovely in a brown sweater and jeans and took us to see her office. It is wonderful to see the girls again so soon after their surprise visit to Austin for my birthday.
Two days in Bellingham and two days in Seattle, then we whiz back to San Antonio, TX, so we can take daughter MJ out for her birthday dinner on Sunday night.
We are fortunate to travel here and also to have a friend, who is also my massage therapist, stay at our house taking care of our three dogs and one cat. The first time Denise met Maisie, Maisie kept leaping on her, leaving muddy pawprints. Denise was a little worried about being with Maisie so much and kept those muddy clothes to be worn just around the dogs, calling them her "Maisie clothes." However, she says that Maisie has calmed down and all the dogs like her.
2 comments:
Thanks for writing about your trip. It sounds like it was wonderful.
We were supposed to get rain here, but we never did. I'm glad you got the sunny, clear weather, too.
Wish MJ "happy birthday" for me!
I agree it would have been fun if my trip to Seattle had coincided with yours. sigh. And I have seen Mt. Rainier from the sky - and I would have sworn that our plane was going to hit it - that is one impressive mountain!
Post a Comment