Thursday, November 11, 2010

Japanese Maples

on Magnolia Hill, Seattle

I love Japanese maples. CB planted one for me in front of our house in RI in 1991; when we moved in 1992, he transplanted it and put it in front of our house in Morristown, NJ. When we returned to TX in 1994, we could not take the Japanese maple with us. I wonder if it is still there; I hope so.in front of my parents' old house
Bellingham, WA

3 comments:

Blue Eyed Ennis said...

These are really beautiful and I can well understand how hard it was to leave them behind.
"As I write there is a gale blowing here and some of my plants look as if they are going to lose the battle).
Blessings

Bad Alice said...

I love these trees. The ones around here (well, I'm not sure if they are Japanese maples, specifically) were not as vibrant this year - I guess the weather wasn't right.

altar ego said...

They're beautiful, especially now. When I was growing up there was a flowering cherry in our front yard. It bloomed around the time of my birthday, so it was always called "Anne's Tree." Sometime after moving from that house subsequent owners cut down that tree. I grieve any time I drive past it (which is rare). Sometimes I just don't understand people.