We must not, in trying to think about how we can make a big difference, ignore the small daily difference we can make which, over time, add up to big differences that we often cannot foresee.
Marion Wright Edelman
To receive such quotations every day, subscribe to Word for the Day at Gratefulness.org.
I know these words apply to social justice, but right now they connect me to all my reading and thinking about fair trade, which is also social justice. My little effort at only buying Fair Trade chocolate bars has made a big impact on me, but it seems insignificant. But I'm sticking with this.
3 comments:
I think it is a big deal. If you drop your pebble in a pond and I drop a pebble in a pond...eventually our ripples will touch!
Yes. Every little bit helps.
Yes, I think too that how I treat others in my daily life is probably more important than any efforts I may make on a global "social justice" level (tho you know, Jan, that the justice dimension is really important to me.) Peace starts with each of us.
Post a Comment