On Sunday afternoon, three boys from Uganda and a chaperone came to our house. Patrick is 8 years old; Nelson and Julius are 10 years old. Their current chaperone for our visit is Uncle Steve from New Brunswick. Out of respect, they also call my husband and me "Uncle" and "Auntie Jan." The boys are very polite and say "thank you" for any little thing we do for them or show them.
I was surprised and pleased at how much they liked the meat pie I fixed for dinner last night. That's an old favorite of my children, but I did not know if it would seem odd to them. They have been in the United States since September and so they must be somewhat accustomed to American food.
Tonight is their performance. Nelson plays the drum. Patrick said he likes to dance most of all. It will be fun to watch them.
If you click on each country, you will find out what the African Children's Choir is doing there:
Uganda
South Africa
Rwanda
Ghana
Sudan
Nigeria
Kenya
1 comment:
Very cool. One of the children we sponsor through Compassion is from Uganda.
Post a Comment