Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Slow Down. Quiet. It's Advent!

Some years ago, a friend gave me this Advent poster that has been taped on the inside of my pantry door ever since then. Every Advent, I look at it again, even though the suggestions could be used daily!

AND this year I finally ordered some of these from Forward Movement. If you want one, it is entitled "2014 Slow Down. Quiet. It's Advent." The cost is $12 for 25 copies.

Sorry I am so late with this thought--or at least in sharing it.

Below you'll see what suggestions are given for the first three days of Advent.


And here's how it looks:



2 comments:

Bonnie Jacobs said...

On your Advent calendar, the one in the top picture, is "Always We Begin Again." That's the name of the book my group used as we learned about "The Benedictine Way of Living." (That's the sub-title.) When I read it here on your blog, I reached for my copy of the book, which is on my desk on top of my printer. When I opened the book, I found this at the top of page 75:

Help us this day
to receive grace
and to give it.

So I share these words with you, hoping you receive grace from my sharing. Smile, my friend, because it's Advent!

Jan said...

Peace and gratitude for you, Bonnie.