Wednesday, October 1, 2014

My Friend Nancy

Nancy and I met each other at Yokosuka Naval Base in Japan in 1962(3?) so we have been friends for over 50 years. Since I grew up in a military family and moved every few years, I don't have any other "childhood" friends that I am still in touch with.

Every five years or so, we go on a trip together. This year Nancy is flying to San Antonio, where we will attend an ART workshop on Saturday and Sunday. She flies in Thursday night, and I will drive there tomorrow. She will stay until Monday when she must return to CA to her family and her teaching job.

Here is a picture of Nancy from our last trip together--New Mexico in 2010.

Nancy at Chaco Canyon 2010
 I am excited about seeing Nancy and exploring San Antonio together on Friday. Nancy is much more artistic than I am (not), so this will be a growth experience at the workshop this weekend for me!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

It was a wonderful trip, Jan. Thank you so much for taking the art risk! And for all the fun sight-seeing (and eating).