Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday Five: A Short One

RevKarla brings today's Friday Five to RevGalBlogPals:

It’s time for the pre-Holy Week Friday Five!

1.  What is your favorite Easter candy?

Cadbury mini chocolate eggs. I like the rich milk chocolate with the crunchy outer shell.


2.  Do you have an Easter memory from childhood to share, then please do.  Or any Easter memory.

 I think the excitement of looking for Easter eggs with my children stands out. DC's wife AA loved this tradition when they first started dating in college, because everyone still had eggs to find! (That's because there is a wide range of children--four in 10 1/2 years.)

3.  Speaking of, what your most favorite day of the past two weeks been?  Why?

Almost all the days have seemed "favorite" because we are having perfect weather. It is in the high 70s and around 60 or below at night. People get tired of me saying, "This weather is like a Bellingham (WA) summer day!) There is always a brief period in south TX,which constitutes our spring, that the weather is sublime. It doesn't last long and soon heat and humidity will be here to stay.


4.  I am kind of digging’ Chipotle’s sofritos these days (marinated and “shredded” tofu) and have been eating them like twice a week.  Is there something new in your life that keeps bringing you back for more?  (be ye creative here…)

Something "new" is the rediscovery of writing notes to friends and family. I had forgotten how much I enjoy doing that! I have stockpiles of cute cards that I collect when I travel and need to be sending them out.
 
5.  Of course, a sentence. Using the following words (or some form thereof):  Tree frog, squares, kleenex, eyeglass, lost, daffodil, palms, lamb, Peeps, licorice jelly beans, and donkey.

Sorry, I can't do that today. The beautiful spring weather has stirred up my allergies, so I am in a muddle.

3 comments:

altar ego said...

Sorry you are being afflicted with allergies. I SHOULD be out on this gorgeous spring day, but I've got tasks demanding my time at the computer. Ugh!

Elaine said...

I think spring is finally here as well. 75 yesterday and today..but a cold front is moving through...hopefully just rain...which is so needed.
~~Elaine

Anonymous said...

Oops...it signed me in from my google account.

~~Elaine (aka purple)