RevPal Mindy recently shared this quote:
Talking about our problems is our greatest addiction.
Break the habit. Talk about your joys.
~Rita Schiano
~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Books!
And reading to my granddaughter Avery is something else that brings me joy.
| Avery and Jan, Christmas 2012 |
![]() | ||||
| Avery and Jan, Christmas 2011 |
2. Family
I have four adult children and a husband of almost 42 years, but there are few pictures of all of us together. With DC living in Austin, AE in Seattle, BJ in Houston, MJ in Salt Lake City, and Chuck's parents in Bellingham, WA, we rarely are all in one place these days.
I found one of three of our kids (but not DC's wife or child) and Chuck and his parents.
| Friday Harbor, WA; August 2012: MJ, BJ, DC, Chuck's mom, Chuck, and Chuck's dad |
Getting an iPhone this year opened me to the texting world. It's a quick connection, especially when pictures are shared. When MJ received the teapot I sent her, she texted this picture to me:
| MJ in her kitchen in Salt Lake City |
Over the years, I've created a cache of nativity scenes. Many were given to me by members of my family. I have pictures of seven them here.
![]() | ||
| This is one Avery can play with! AND notice that Mary is holding baby Jesus! |
5. Learning to play the piano!
| Jan |
That's true of anything, like prayer. Remember the old adage: The more you pray, the more you want to. That's how it is with practicing the piano, too.


5 comments:
Love that picture of you at the piano :)
I recently listened to the Harry Potter audio books again. And when I finished I wanted to get the first one back out & start again - ha!
You look so happy at the piano.
Reading and piano...two of my joys as well.
oh yes, I want to play the piano again.
How funny about Harry Potter. I am rereading them right now! They are my nighttime "chill out" before I turn out the light. Nothing too intense or theological (though of course I always think 'there's an example of trust' or 'God shows up this way.')
thanks for playing! :)
Post a Comment