I never got rid of my dad's old Royal typewriter. It looked much like this, and I have fond memories of pecking at the keys when I was a child. I learned to type on it, which seems archaic nowadays with computers and I-pads, etc.

I remember my dad sitting at the kitchen table and typing a letter to his mother every week.
Years ago I also typed letters, first with the electric typewriter that I received for my high school graduation gift in 1968 and later with computers.
I rarely do that anymore. . . .Just like I don't seem to be blogging lately.
I thought of these manual typewriters because I have some thank you notes with one drawn on them. I bought them in Seattle and used these for my thank you notes for Mother's Day gifts.

3 comments:
We had an ancient manual typewriter that I used in high school - the instruction booklet was in German! My dad still used it to type letters to the editor until we gave him our old computer :)
Where is the typewriter now?
I think the typewriter is in the storage unit in Bellingham.
Post a Comment