Saturday, February 16, 2013

Kohlrabi

Kohlrabi 
At last week's Farmers' Market, I bought three kohlrabi from a young grower who was enthusiastically extolling its virtues. I used the leaves as cabbage in a soup recipe. The leaves stayed dark green and more in their shape than cabbage does, but it worked well.

Now my friend Nancy in California bought kohlrabi at her much-more-abundant Farmers' Market. I will be interested to hear how she cooks it. When I asked various people how to use it, most just said to peel the bottom piece and chop it up for a salad or snack.

I am still waiting to do that!

Here is a picture of happy kohlrabi that I thought was cute:


3 comments:

Terri said...

I can honestly say that I have never tasted kohlrabi

Terri said...

But, very cute!!

Nancy said...

My kohlrabi was purple. But when I peeled the bulbs, it was light green inside. I sliced them and ate them raw. Crunchy and good.