Ever since having my own children, nursing and loving them intensely, I have wanted to find art showing Jesus' parents holding him as a baby, instead of sticking him in the itchy manger all by himself. I look for nativity scenes with him being held, which are rare.
Today I found a link to early Christian art showing Jesus as a babe being breastfed (and obviously held) by his mother. That was the most natural way to raise a child 2000 ago, just as it is now.
IF you want to look at more paintings of Mary and baby Jesus, go here.
Today I found a link to early Christian art showing Jesus as a babe being breastfed (and obviously held) by his mother. That was the most natural way to raise a child 2000 ago, just as it is now.
![]() | ||
| Madonna and Child (Madonna Litta) by Leonardo da Vinci 1452-1519 |

1 comment:
I know you've seen this before, since you left a comment. But my metal art hanging shows a nursing mother.
http://bonniesbooks.blogspot.com/2012/05/maid-mother-crone.html
Post a Comment