Monday, August 13, 2012

Trip Tidbits

We are still in beautiful Washington State, but I can only post pictures taken from my Ipod, because I do not have the connecting cord for my camera to a computer. Pictures will have to be downloaded next week when we return to TX.

So with no pictures, here are a few highlights:
  • First four days were spent in Seattle with friends. That's when I heard the nice story about my dad that I posted below this post.
  • As family members started arriving, we all ended up in Bellingham at Chuck's parents' house for a family picnic on Saturday, August 4. How nice to have everyone together, especially Chuck's three siblings and their families.
  • On Sunday, August 5, we drove to Friday Harbor on San Juan Island, including our four cars on a ferry there. We spent this past week at a big home on a cliff that faced east so we could sometimes see Mount Baker and also various other San Juan islands.
  • All our children were with us until Wednesday, when most of them had to take the ferry back to the mainland to get back to their lives. I still feel a lot of happiness when I think of the "together times" that our kids had together, with laughter and talking. Of course, Avery was the star of all!
  • Chuck's mom and dad spent a day with us and so did our good friends from Seattle, Terry and Dennis. Their visits added to the enjoyment of being on the island.
  • Avery and her parents stayed with us until we left Friday Harbor today. We were glad to babysit Avery for two nights while they went out; it was fun to be with that sweet and feisty little girl!
  • Chuck and I will be in Bellingham at his parents' home until Wednesday. We'll see more of his family, plus I am getting re-acquainted with a cousin whom I haven't seen for years. We've gotten to know each other again through our blogs! And we always see long-time friend Nance, who has been my friend since 1969.
  • On Wednesday we go back to Seattle for KA's birthday. We'll take her and AE to dinner at a lovely vegetarian restaurant called Carmlita's. We'll be staying with Terry and Dennis, who have opened their home to us for all our visits to WA since our move to TX in 1978.
  • There is an expected heat wave in Seattle starting on Wednesday, which will unfortunately prepare us for our return to hot and humid Corpus Christi, TX on Saturday.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I'm glad to hear that you are having a great vacation!