
I've been home from Russia for less than a week, and in less than a week it is Thanksgiving Day in the USA (Nov. 24). So for this Friday Five, answer these questions (and if they don't apply to you, list five things you are grateful for):
1. Where will you be on Thanksgiving Day? With whom?
This year we will be staying in Corpus Christi. Our two youngest children, MJ and BJ, will be with us.
2. Are there any family traditions or memories associated with Thanksgiving?
Mostly it's food and the Thanksgiving Parade on tv.
3. What will be on your Thanksgiving menu?
Turkey with stuffing, candied sweet potatoes (NO marshmallows), cranberry sauce (not from a can), broccoli. We always used to have a jello salad, but oldest son wanted that more than the others and we may not have it here in CC this year.
4. Are you trying anything new this Thanksgiving?
Instead of pumpkin pie, I am going to try making pumpkin cheesecake for dessert.
5. What is the weather forecast for this day (next Thursday)?
The high temperature is projected to be 80 degrees F.
3 comments:
I agree. No marshmallows.
80 degrees? i'm green with envy!
pumpkin cheesecake sounds delish! i tried a recipe once from philadelphia cream cheese's web site... a swirled cheesecake, complete with a gingersnap crust. i was hard work... but so yummy!
I do love the parade. I look forward to it eagerly every year.
Post a Comment