
1. What is the weather like where you live?
It is hot and humid in south TX. High temperatures near 100 degrees F and low temperatures at 80 degrees each morning. I do not want to be outside at all. What a relief it is to get inside the air-conditioned car or walk into a cool HEB supermarket!
2. Share one thing you love about this time of year.
When the kids were little, we loved to take them to the beach every Sunday. (I guess that's a "memory.")
It's a lazy time; there are vacations; the kids come to visit and stay; I can hang clothes out on the clothesline to dry every day.
3. Share one thing you do NOT love about this time of year.
The HEAT and HUMIDITY that lasts until OCTOBER!!!
4. How will you spend the remaining days leading up to Autumn?
Since "Autumn" really does not arrive until the end of October, I do not think of it happening until then. This is the time I struggle most with the extreme heat, because I grew up and taught school in the NW, where it starts feeling like fall this time of year.
However, all my volunteer and teaching activities start up after Labor Day. So I have to start getting ready for those. Also, I want to get back into the cleaning out mode, which I began before our trip to Alaska.
5. Share a good summer memory.
(See #2 above)
Wonderful memories of taking my children back to Bellingham, WA for a month every summer. My mother and I would take them to park after park.
Bonus: What food says SUMMER to you?
Fresh berries (and other fruit)! Boundless supplies of strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries when we visit in the NW!! My mother used to grow all but blackberries in her backyard; how the kids (and I) liked to pick them on our visits home!

8 comments:
Those summer memories sound great.
Hot and Humid...major yuck in my book.
Traveling seems to be a good thing for you...family, friends, and conferences. yeah!!!
Berries!
OK, I could not live there!
I don't think I could ever live farther south than where we are now. And yet our kids will likely be in Georgia. We talk about wanting to be near them when we retire. Ach!
fresh picked berries definitely say summer -
glad for your mom & kid memories. at least we have those when the kids are out on their own ;) ...
picking berries as a kid seemed like a lot of work when you could just go to the store and buy them. Now I would give anything to grow them in my yard
berries to bellingham... sounds wonderful! can i lend you a fan?
Heat till October...wow! By October if it is a normal year it will be very chilly...big country we live in, huh? :-) Stay cool!
Post a Comment